1. Is there a season in which it is best to waterproof our home?
There is really no specific time which is best to complete foundation waterproofing. It all depends on the severity of the leak. If your basement is getting flooded than of course the job needs to be completed immediately even its winter. But if you only recently saw cracks in your walls and were told that you need to waterproof them, than it is okay to wait until the weather gets little better outside.
2. How long will waterproofing last?
The time frame in which a project is completed depends on a few details: whether it is interior or exterior waterproofing, the depth of the grounds surrounding your home, the amount of cracks in the walls, the surrounding landscaping (if you have trees, shrubs, flowers, interlock or concrete the time it takes to complete the project is longer than if the access was clear), whether or not there is where to connect the new weeping tile and obviously the amount of feet of waterproofing required.
3. If previous waterproofing has been done, but the problem continues, what do I do?
4. Who takes care of the permit's for an underpinning project?
VMB Group takes care of all permits for all underpinning projects.
5. What causes basement leaks?
Basement leaks can be caused by multiple things, for example: mortar joints leaking, foundation cracks which can be caused by foundation shifts, roots penetrating the walls, window well's not working properly, no weeping tile at all or a clogged weeping tile.
6. I can see black mold starting to appear in my basement, what do I do?
7. VMB Group offers a lifetime fully "transferable" warranty on basement waterproofing, what does that mean?
Lifetime transferable warranty means that if you sell your home, our warranty gets transferred onto the new owners.
8. Anyway of keeping water out of my basement on my own? Have to wait to waterproof.
You can help keep your basement dry but keeping the soil around your walls elevated and free from any trees or shrubs. This way the soils directly around the perimeter of your home will dry out faster. Also ensure that your gutters and downspouts are clean from any debris and leaves and direct water the further possible from your foundation walls.